DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find somewhere that has an front driver side axel stub shaft but I am having no luck and I WILL NOT go to a stealership and get violated in my rectum by them. Any idea on where to find this and I might as well get the half shaft also too. I bet you can't guess what happened......Well lets see here. I replaced the hub assembly about 25000 miles ago but forgot to make sure I pressed the half shaft all the way onto the stub shaft ([email protected]$$) well after driving for so long it finally decided to let me know what I did and go figure its our first snow here for the year that I can go play in and my truck decided to poop on me. Anyway I have read about how to change the stub shaft and I have all the tools and welders and whatever I need to do it. I JUST NEED THE DARN PARTS. lol

·
Registered
373 Posts
other than the stealership you'll probably have to find a used axle and rob what you need.

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
Your stewed bud. Go to the dealership and take your beating. But don't let em see ya get all teary eyed. Take it like a man. Chin up, chest out, credit card in hand.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh gee thanks man, LOL I can't beleive I can't even find the CV half shaft anywhere. I think I might go to junk yard to get the stub shaft (unless bad idea) and try to find somewhere after market to get the Half shaft. Any Ideas on where. Maybe I can order online somewhere I am not sure. ANd what about a half shaft for a 2003 ram 1500. Are they the same?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
373 Posts
rockauto.com

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
The stub shaft is a dealer part but the half shaft, you should be able to get at a local driveline shop or rack & axle shop. I bought all of mine from Phoenix Rack & Axle. That doesn't do you much good in IL but no doubt you have similar shops in your state.
I would not buy a used stub shaft...thats me though. Don't forget a new bearing and seal as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.