DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... My husband has a 2001 dodge ram 1500... the truck has been lifted .. 8 inches and is sitting on 35s. When your driving the tranny slips slighly between 3 & 4. It shifts ok. but as your driving along your rpms go up & down. My husband changed the fluid and filter and had no change. He is only here 4 days a month and really wants to take his truck back to work with him. It's an 11 hour trip! Most of the shops I have talked to says it sounds like a rebuild! ANY SUGGESTIONS?!?!?!?

·
Registered
67 Posts
i would test the throttle position sensor first, if there are no dead spots in it, then i would start leaning towards the tranny. a new TPS should run you about 35-40 bucks atleast down here fl it does. at it takes about a minute to uninstall and reinstall it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just another angle on this prob, mine did the same thing till I had it build to RE48 specs, have the line pressure checked, all you "might" need is the front pump. Low line pressure causes the torque converter to slip when locked and if you keep driving it....no bueno!!! How many miles?

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
PM sent! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.