DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a relay somewhere that might be stuck? What else would cause the HCU to run continously even when the power was off?

· Registered
1,925 Posts
There's a relay inside the ABS computer that gets stuck. Just remove your ABS fuse so you don't kill your pump. There's an ebay seller that rebuilds ABS controllers. Not sure if it's a good deal compared to new b/c I've never had to research it, but it probably is. It would be very easy to just swap out the computer and you can still drive your truck while your waiting to get your computer back (you just won't have abs)

· Registered
3,712 Posts
Yes it does happen. Mine just did it a few weeks ago and it has happen to a few others. The controller causes the pump to keep running. The fuse is in the box under the hood or you can disconnect the connectors to the CAB. Mine is at that ebay retailer that rebuilds as we speak. We'll see how that goes. They do have positive feedback. You can remove the CAB but you will loose the speedometer and you will get a check engine light and a P0500 code for loss of speed signal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.