DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys my truck has been running GREAT until this morning .I was out of town last night and returned this morning to start my truck and low and behold no start just click , click .... So I was WTF you have to be kidding me right?? So I check for any switches that I might have left on and nothing everything was cool I had plenty of power for the interior lights and dash lights.So I checked for loose cables etc and all is good , so I jumped it and she fired right up! Then I hear "DING" and I did the ole key trick and bang "P2509" on the odom and the engine light is on ???? My truck is only 1 yr old and 14,200 miles on it. What else can I check for ?????:help:

Thanks for all the help in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
The code P2509 means ecm/pcm Power Input Signal Intermittent. All I can say is take it to the dealer. To me the code sounds like a loose connection from the wires going to the computer or a bad ecm. It does happen. the mechanic at my work has had to replce alot of computers on the ford rangers that we have.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help ... Tonight I found out that my posi and neg cables on both batteries were loose , so I tightened them up check the volts on the batteries and they are fine cleared the code and all seems good again..........:rck::tup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Steve
P2509 Is the power supply lost when the ignition was on, or intermittent.

1-this code could have been from the low battery voltage, when you started the truck.

2-When the batteries are low, it is better to charge them with a battery charger, I have seen it damage the alternator,

3-Did you find any lights left on (cargo lights) light under the hood stuck on?

You can check voltage draw on the batteries when the engine is not running.

Remember the grid heaters draw a lot of current when starting in cold weather.

I hope you find it !!!

·
Anti-Pavement Pounders
237 Posts
Just got this same code last night on my pickup. Read the first post about the computer going bad and thought ... oh sh*t. Then I read on and now I am headed out to check the batteries and the connections. I am hoping that will solve the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.