DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 ram with 50k miles. A few days ago I started hearing a rattle when the truck went over some bumps in the road. They only happen on certain bumps/pot holes/man hole covers/etc. It sounds like a plastic bottle cap banging around in the steering column or in the dash. I have looked in there the best I can and felt around for anything lose to no avail. Any ideas? ARG....its driving me NUTZ!!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have a rattle sometimes coming from the flap on the back part of the flip down cupholder. Drove me nuts for a few days before I figured out that's what it was. Maybe that?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt it. I cloesed the cup holder and the same noise happens and it sounds like its right in front of me. I'll try sticking some foam or a tissue behind the flap on the way home tonight to double check.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have had a rattle there but is more of a rub, which was the plate that covers the gear shift rubbing against the plastic around the steering column

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I had a rattle that sounded like bad ball joints or rattly brake calipers. It only took several months to figure out it was the hood. I adjusted the two black plastic screws that the hood rests on out front and my rattle is gone. Probably not yours but just in case...

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
nothing ever rattles in my truck......My radio is too damn loud to notice :rck:

·
A Little Show & No Go
543 Posts
I have a new rattle too, sounds like the windshield is loose on the bottom near the dash, makes a deep knocking sound usually when taking off and hitting a bump not really a rattle.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
NoHemi said:
I have a new rattle too, sounds like the windshield is loose on the bottom near the dash, makes a deep knocking sound usually when taking off and hitting a bump not really a rattle.
The windshield????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.