DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
With connectors like that, it's best to actually try to push the two halves together with a little wiggle, then press the black tab down. Then with the tab pressed, shimmy and wiggle it as you're pulling. It'll still be a pretty snug pull, but it should come out with less fight.

·
Registered
2005 Grand Caravan 3.3
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'll try that. I did try pressing that spot in the back, I couldn't detect any movement at all when I pressed, it just felt like a solid piece of plastic, it didn't push in at all. But I have help today, my SIL has stronger hands than me, so maybe he can get it loose. I'll let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
2005 Grand Caravan 3.3
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it loose! My Son-in-law was here for a bit, his hands are a lot stronger than mine. He got it loose, but it wasn't easy for him either. Apparently that connector is just really tight. I think I'll clean it and apply a thin coat of silicone spray before I reconnect it. Just in case I ever have occasional to take it apart again.

Now I can finish what I'm doing. I'm replacing the intake manifold gasket, and a few other things, while I have it apart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts