DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2013 Durango 5.7 citadel. The problem I have is when it’s cold out side and the truck has been out side , when I come to a stop the engine will shutter a little and die. It will start right away and will only do it for the first 5–10 min of driving. When I leave in the morning it’s fine from the heated garage it happens coming home when it 20 degrees or something and it’s been out side. I’ve tried to warm it up 15 min but doesn’t make a difference . This makes me believe it’s tied to a cold trans? I recently did a trans service and had to replace the shift solenoids . This was 4000 miles ago but it seemed to be fixed and working fine. Trans doesn’t slip and shift good and true . It feels fine ? Trans fluid is clean and right level. No check engine lights. We can control this by shifting into neutral when stopping for the first 5-10 minutes. If I do that it doesn’t die .took it to the dealer they did a recall on a fuel pump solenoid issue but didn’t fix the problem? Any feed back is appreciated thanks In advance

·
Registered
783 Posts
I experienced something similar with my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 several years ago. When cold the engine would die as I came to a stop. Once it warmed up it was fine. On a hunch I added a quart of transmission fluid to the transmission. Even though it was within the proper range on the dipstick, I had noticed it would stall just as it was downshifting from 2nd to 1st. Anyhew, it never stalled again. Truck now has 273Kmiles on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 2013 Durango 5.7 citadel. The problem I have is when it’s cold out side and the truck has been out side , when I come to a stop the engine will shutter a little and die. It will start right away and will only do it for the first 5–10 min of driving. When I leave in the morning it’s fine from the heated garage it happens coming home when it 20 degrees or something and it’s been out side. I’ve tried to warm it up 15 min but doesn’t make a difference . This makes me believe it’s tied to a cold trans? I recently did a trans service and had to replace the shift solenoids . This was 4000 miles ago but it seemed to be fixed and working fine. Trans doesn’t slip and shift good and true . It feels fine ? Trans fluid is clean and right level. No check engine lights. We can control this by shifting into neutral when stopping for the first 5-10 minutes. If I do that it doesn’t die .took it to the dealer they did a recall on a fuel pump solenoid issue but didn’t fix the problem? Any feed back is appreciated thanks In advance
I

I would put a good injector cleaner when you fill up next time. the also make one for valves as well. sea foam seems to work wonders

1 - 3 of 3 Posts