Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Default HELP!!! Dead Battery Now Seems To Shift Weird With Auto
Hey Everyone.....

Just got my 05 Ram SRT-10 QC out of the audio/video shop after having a custom alarm, 7" LCD touch screen head unit, amp, in dash radar detector etc..etc...etc........

Now while they were working on it and testing the stereo the battery went dead so they diconnected the battery and the computer.... let it charge up which is normal procedure from what i understand. After letting it charge up they reconnected the computer and the battery and it fired up and all was fine.
But I noticed on the way home last night and today that it seems to shift weird, like its bogging down in the wrong gear. Feels kind of sluggish. Not sure if this is the break in period being weird because i only have 200 km on it.
Question is: Could this have messed around with the computer settings? or the tranny shit points? ...... Do I need to take it in and have the computer reset?

Any input would be great
Thanks,
D

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Any time you disconnect the power on a OBDII
vehicle they run like crap for awhile. Give it 500
miles and see if things improve. My question is
why a new vehicle with a new battery go dead??
I think you might have a bad cell on the battery.
If your voltage is low these vehicles will run
funny.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
It went dead from testing the audio/video system while it was being installed..... truck was not running and they were tuneing the amp and stuff so it sucked the battery dry.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I would still load test the battery just to make
sure. At any rate, give the truck some time.
Things should improve greatly. Especially, since
you only have 200 miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep did the load test.... all was fine.....
And it only has 200 kilometers not miles......felt fine before dropping it off for the audio/video install.... the second i drove away from picking it up i knew something was different. Like I said, seems real sluggish almost bogging, like its not knowing when to downshift or what gear to be in.
Thanks

·
SRT-10, Regular Cab
2,149 Posts
05-RAM SRT-10 said:
Yep did the load test.... all was fine.....
And it only has 200 kilometers not miles......felt fine before dropping it off for the audio/video install.... the second i drove away from picking it up i knew something was different. Like I said, seems real sluggish almost bogging, like its not knowing when to downshift or what gear to be in.
Thanks
Sounds like your stereo shop did something funny. I agree with 99RAMMAN, drive it for a while. Enjoy!!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.