DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1993 D150 runs fine but it was having trouble and the codes showed the engine coolant sensor (code 22). I replaced it and it still has the same symptoms. Runs and starts fine when cold, after it gets warm and I restart it runs rough and when I put it in drive or reverse it dies.
I unhooked the battery for hours to try and reset the codes, but even without starting it I ran the codes after reattaching the positive cable and it registered the same codes... 12, 22, 55.
Any solutions out there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 1993 D150 runs fine but it was having trouble and the codes showed the engine coolant sensor (code 22). I replaced it and it still has the same symptoms. Runs and starts fine when cold, after it gets warm and I restart it runs rough and when I put it in drive or reverse it dies.
I unhooked the battery for hours to try and reset the codes, but even without starting it I ran the codes after reattaching the positive cable and it registered the same codes... 12, 22, 55.
Any solutions out there?
My 93 did the exact same thing. Question for you. There are two temperatur sensors on your Dodge,
did you replace the sensor with two wires or the one with only one wire? The sensor with two wires runs to the computer and the other one run to gauge in the dashboard. A faulty pigtail connection
on the sensor is common. Standard Products part number TX43 is the replacement for the two wire sensor. Hope this helps and if you have solved your problem please let me know what the fix was. Thanks Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts