DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P2314 Ignition Coil #5 Secondary Circuit- Insufficient Ionization

what exactly does this mean and how can i fix it? ive got the normal post cat codes cuz i ditched the cats but then this one came outta the blue.

· Registered
594 Posts
i found this on another site hope it helps it was for #1 coil

WHEN MONITORED
Engine running and battery voltage greater than 10 volts .

SET CONDITION
If PCM detects that the secondary ignition burn time is incorrect, to short, or not present, an error is detected. One trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.

POSSIBLE CAUSES

Good trip equal to zero
(K342) ASD relay output circuit
Coil on plug resistance
Ignition coil
Coil control circuit open
Coil control circuit shorted to ground
PCM

· Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so its most likely like a bad coil to plug connection? which one is circuit 5, like which plugs?

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
I had the same code, removed the sc and it never came back...

· Registered
780 Posts
you have a bad coil. seen this code a million times. everytime i have replace3d the coil and have never seen the customer again

· Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
damn, which coil is coil 5? like in relation to passenger side/driver side/etc. ?

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
Drivers side, 3rd coil back. It is a bit of a pain, it is the cyl directly underneath the brake booster. Make sure your connections are good and tight first, it could be a bad connection on you coil wires, or spark plug wires...

· Garaged
4,167 Posts
I had a bunch of those "Ignition Coil Circuit" codes when I installed the shortie wires. I even ensured that they were pushed all the way down. So I ripped them out and reinstalled my set of long Taylor Thunder Volt 50s. Codes went away.

PH

· Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
really? well shit, maybe ill just check the connections and go back to some long wires idk. i really like how they look though, itll be a shame to remove them.

· Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i checked all the connections to coil 5, and nothing appeared to be loose. so i guess ill try to turn off the truck, disconnect the neg. battery cable, let it sit, reconnect and turn it on again. see if that does anything. if not, i think ill just let it be cuz the truck drives fine, its def. not misfiring on that cylinder or anything

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
any updates rambo? I have the same code

· Hemi2nV
7,957 Posts
its your wires. I bet you that you have a wire lose. I used to get this code all the time. Just put your stock wires back on and clear the code and it wont come back again.

· All Around Great Guy
12,739 Posts
I have the stock wires on, never took them off. I replaced the plugs with the same ones that came out from the factory. I will try and switch coil packs to see if that makes a difference. Only happens when a programmer is on there. Weird...

· Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i switched the shorties around a bit, and i got the code again after about 300 miles. same coil so idk. the truck runs normal so like people said it might just be the wires, programmer idk. oh and the weirdest thing, i had codes for my read 02s cuz im not running cats, so i stuck them under the heat shields. now no codes from them however my front 02s are throwing codes. weird

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.