DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ironram
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my first choice is the alpine cda-9883 second would be kenwood kdc-x591 which would be the best bang for the buck as i could get either for the same price and can anyone tell what's the diff of haveing 2v preamp output's or 4v preamp output's thanks for the help.

·
Ironram
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is this true also??

Installation Details
Fits

Installation Details for your 2007 Ram 1500

» Your vehicle has no accessory power lead at the receiver. The integration adapter provides the accessory power you will need for your new receiver.
Metra XSVI-6502 $69.99
» Fold-down face receivers will not fit your vehicle. Please verify that your new receiver does not have a fold-down face.
» You'll lose factory SIRIUS Satellite Radio capability if you replace the factory radio.
» You'll lose the factory DVD player if the factory radio is replaced.
»

·
Ironram
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
supernayked said:
you can retrofit the sirius antenna to still work, you will have toget a new sirus tuner module though.

the sirrus im not worried about it's this(Your vehicle has no accessory power lead at the receiver. The integration adapter provides the accessory power you will need for your new receiver.
Metra XSVI-6502 $69.99 ) or can i splice it from somewhere else?

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
Ironram said:
the sirrus im not worried about it's this(Your vehicle has no accessory power lead at the receiver. The integration adapter provides the accessory power you will need for your new receiver.
Metra XSVI-6502 $69.99 ) or can i splice it from somewhere else?
I think I read where people have just taken it from the cigarette lighter in the dash. Some people don't like splicing wires so they opt for the can-bus adapter

·
2014 1500 4x4 Laramie CC
431 Posts
I just tapped into the power at the cig lighter.

I'm just about to order a Kenwood kdc-x591 to replace last year's model that has a bad display. I've gone through like 4 kenwoods in five years, I've had problems with them. But, I don't want to replace my sirius tuner and I've always like the decks, so I keep going back.... I like the controls better than alpine's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.