DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 avanger Heat with 3.6 engine. My car died while driving. Check the engine code and got one that said low voltage from battery. I replaced the battery the next day and was driving to work around 10 pm when the abs and lighting bolt lights came on. The accelerator started acting funny and the car shut off right in the middle of a bridge in NYC.

I was able to coast to the side. Jump starting the car didn't do anything. All the lights will flash and the gauges on the needle just goes up and down.

Towing was a nightmare because only authorized towing company can tow off bridges and tunnels in NYC. Also he just towed me off the bridge into the nearest parking lot. Called 5 different towing companies to tow me home but it was 3 am by that time and nobody would answer. Decided to leave the car there overnight and have my brother pick me up.

So my question is, where should i tow it to? Is this a simple alternator issue or a complex computer issue that only a dealership can deal with? This is the first time it has done this. I am at a loss here. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.