Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Paper Chaser
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,

I blew my tranny last night, got my truck picked up and it will be dropped off at the dodge dealer around here for work in the morning (still under warranty.)

1) My truck was on the 91 performance tune and I programmed it back to stock but do I still need to change my shift points/rev limiter/etc back to the stock numbers??? I need help with this issue ASAP because the last thing I need is a call from dodge tommorow saying that the work won't be warrantied because the shift points were changed.

2) If your trucks already tuned to the 91 performance tune..and you select read stock.. will you loose your original stock settings?

I do not want to void my warranty from using the chip and any help or warranty information will be greatly appreciated

NEED HELP

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
if you set it back to stock it clears the settings for shift points, etc.

Should have no problems.
X2 and sorry about the trans.....:tdwn:

·
Paper Chaser
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And if I accidentally selected read stock when the vehicle was on the 91 performance tune? I don't think this happened because it took a few minutes to read the stock settings when I programmed my truck for the very first time but I'm kinda paranoid right now

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
just so you know.

i asked my auto tech teacher that used to work at a dodge dealer. from what he was telling me. returning it back to stock dosnt erase the logging the computer did. if they really want to they can find out what the tunner changed.

·
Paper Chaser
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SC Flashpaq 3815

·
Lovin My Ram
525 Posts
wow a SC tranny disaster?

id like to know the cause of it...

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Yes going back to stock clears everyhing and if SC is displaying the option to "read stock" it's been returned to stock. You don't have that "read stock" option if a SC tune is already loaded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.