Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I am struggling with this vacuum line! There is a Tee splitter that is tied to the intake, Vacuum Reservoir and one runs into the cabin via the firewall. The issue I am having is, where does the line go that connect once it goes into the firewall? I know, just trace it, well mine is non existing (long story). I thought about running it directly to the Recirculation Door Actuator, but is that where it goes? Any Assistance will be appreciated!

Tom

BTW- I have a 98 Dodge Ram Sport RWD 1500

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I figured it probably did, but I cannot figure out which line it is. None of the documentation I can find states which is the one from the engine bay, it states what they control. Thanks! Any assistance will be appreciated! Taking the dash apart has been a nightmare!

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
If i remember correctly it runs towards the accelerator pedal(from the hvac control) then across the back to the opening. It may be easier to trace all the other lines then the one left over is it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Vac line on firewall

On my 2000 D, it starts at the brake booster, then has a check valve, T's for the HVAC (enters with water lines), continues and T,s again for the cruise control, then goes into the cowl where it ends in a vac canaster.

If you have no control over air vent discharge, or the vents change by themselves at different idle/RPM check the "check valve" or major vac leak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all, newbie here, just joined.

I have a '97 Sport 2WD 5.2L and just noticed my HVAC is stuck on defrost. Been searching for info and found this forum, and some posts. Then found this thread.

I have looked at my vac lines underhood. They look OK, nothing broken. I found the T-fitting and shook it, can hear a ball rattle inside. I presume that means it is okay.

Is the last alternative to have to disassemble the dashboard? Ugh....

I have a hand vacuum (Mighty Vac) and if I connected that to the line from the T-fitting to where it enters the firewall, should I be able to build and hold a vacuum?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I placed a vac gauge between the cruise control and main vac line. Got 17" vac, that manifold vacuum. I then shut engine to identify how long it would hold (checking the check valve). Vac held for about 15 sec. I'd say mine was good, so I'm looking at dash removal. Good luck with yours .

Have you checked the hoses behind the controller ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed a vac gauge between the cruise control and main vac line. Got 17" vac, that manifold vacuum. I then shut engine to identify how long it would hold (checking the check valve). Vac held for about 15 sec. I'd say mine was good, so I'm looking at dash removal. Good luck with yours .

Have you checked the hoses behind the controller ?
There was a tsb on the check valves, If yours don't have two like in the pic get another. Also if your existing one is shot the napa # is 730-1349
Thanks for the replies guys. Myself, I have not opened the dash up yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I have discovered the vacuum leak in my truck. Today I went out in it and instead of rolling the windows down and hearing road noise, or having the radio on, I drove with the radio off and the windows up. And I heard a soft hissing noise. It was coming from the AC/Heater control panel. If I switched to a different mode, IE vent to floor, the frequency of the hiss changed. After I shut the engine off, I could hear the hiss slowly bleed off.

So hopefully it may be an easy fix. But, that depends on whether I have to take the whole dash apart. :dunno:

·
Mylestone
1,251 Posts
I have half of my hvac fixed.check the white and black plastic vacuum lines for hairline cracks.I had so many I replaced the plastic hose with rubber vacuum lines.your problem sounds like mine .I took the doghouse off and the air cleaner I found a y splitter and replaced it next I followed the vacuum lines out from the manafold and got my heater back along with normal air conditioning.Max and low dont work yet but at least I got air out of the dash vents.start at the intake manafold and go from there with new rubber hosing .you will figure it out .just don't trust the plastic tubing it cracks at the slightest touch replace it and you won't freeze with just defrost this winter .My heater is a big change and to have 1/3 of my air helps lots!
Good luck
Myles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.