DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Dakota LE with 5.2 2 wheel drive I was in process of installing new dist. marked everything so I could put new one right back and before I could get installed my helper tried to start it..... Finally got it back in time enough to start ..,drove bout quarter mile,ran fine.... stopped at store ,started up and it went dead and hasn't started since any ideas????? Have replaced All sensors....replaced computer with a 93 MoPar reconditioned puter .... Went thru wiring harness and checked and repaired all factory splices....am getting a code. 11 No dist input signal ....not getting error code since I cleaned and repaired harness.... I'm stumped to

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Are you getting a spark out of the coil? You should set the fuel sync since the distributor was moved! You need to find TDC #1 cylinder ON THE COMPRESSION STROKE, Then set the distributor like this...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No spark from coil .......it's new coil.......when I try to lineup dist rotor and cam sensor doesn't lineup with #1 at top dead center ondistributor rotor is pointing to either #7 or # 8 cylinder also fuel pressure is excellent

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
.when I try to lineup dist rotor and cam sensor doesn't lineup with #1 at top dead center ondistributor rotor is pointing to either #7 or # 8 cylinder
The engine MUST BE ON THE COMPRESSION STROKE ON #1 CYLINDER!!! Not just any TDC. After you get it set then look at the distruibutor and see where it is. You can move the base but if it's too far off you need to adjust the distributor shaft. The notch in the pic(#1) should be about 9:00 o clock looking at it from above. If it doesn't look like the pic you need to remove the hold down bolt lift up the distributor and set it. You have a gear at the end of it so you need to mesh the grears then it will drip down in place.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Their is not a gear on end of dist shaft....the only gear is at bottoms of of dist hole ....the dist shaft has a flat end that has to fit into a slot inside the hole (gear).think the little gear operates oil pump..... I have a plug made to go into spark plug hole and when #1 gets to top position it blows plug out and that should be TDC right.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Their is not a gear on end of dist shaft....the only gear is at bottoms of of dist hole
My bad!:sleep: Yeah, The gear is on the shaft that runs to the oil pump. You need to remove the valve cover and look at the rockers/valves, Or stick your finger over the plug hole while somebody moves the crank MANUALLY. When you feel the pressure push on your finger that will be the compression stroke. Depends on what "plug" you have but it sounds like the same process.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want you to know I appreciate you trying to help me truly..... I've had truck towed to believe it or not to 5 local mechanics with no results...so far 350.00 towing and won't tell you cost for them checking it..... Don't think they know anything if it's not on computer program....the older mechanics that work on the older trucks where I'm located are gone..... So I'm trying to figure it out myself....that said.... my factory shop manual says the rotor...the cam sensor which has an alignment mark on it has to lineup with #1 piston at top dead sensor and it won't lineup...when on TDC the dist rotor is pointed to either #7 or #8 cylender.... And dist cap won't go on (turned toward intake and rotation of dist still won't get it away from intake to fit.... When I get to timing alignment mark the #1 is halfway down on exhaust stroke... Could it have jumped time...also the manual says that their are a mark for 6 cyl and the timing on v8 is 17 degrees past TDC so that still won't line up.....has one mark all the way cross balancer and another mark half way cross bout 1/4 way around and another half mark at bout 140 degrees which one would be correct alignment mark any ideas are appreciated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts