DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, my name is mike im new to the forums, iv been around to other sites and this so far seems to be the most populated, so im hoping someone can help. before the question id like to introduce my vehicle. i own a 1986 dodge ramcharger, 2wd, 3 speed auto, with a 2 barrel carburated 360. its two tone blue and about as basic as it can be but with a few things added.

upgrades-
-fog lights on bumper
-remote unlock and lock
-aftermarket steering wheel
-short standard exhaust with glass pack(i like the strait pipe sound and this is about as close to it as i can legally get) with stock origional exhaust manifold
-tach

rebuilds and changes-
-rebuilt carb
-new tires
-new water pump
-took out ac(did not work)
-new intake manifold
-new hoses
-new distributor(just the little plastic thing on the inside that spins around)
-new ignition coil
-new distributor cap
-new spark plug wires

plans-
-lower(if possible)
-clear tails(found some cool ones and never seen em here before they look stock except for clear lens want to be different then others)
-roll pan(looks cool on ramcharger)
-move front bumper closer to truck(old trick)
-true dual exhaust with headers
-paint with all chrome still intact

problems-
-clogged crossover so i need to replace the intake with new one
-water gets on distributor and misfires(heard its a common problem)
-slipping tranny(easily fixed with a band adjustment)

here is a previous post about the distributor maybe you could help

i have a 86 dodge ramcharger, 2wd, automatic, 360 carburated engine. i rebuilt the carb, put a new coil, new distributor, new cap, and took off the ac compressor and collector(like a rad but the ac freon runs through it). my dipstick used to pop out sending oil all over the engine and into the distributor causing it to skip and misfire making the exhaust POP and engine jump and flutter. i fixed that problem and put in the new distribtor and cap, as well as replaced all wires. its winter time here and the ice melted off my hood and turned to water(of course DUH) and went all over the distributor through the space between my hood and the body making it jump and skip and pop again. i was wondering what was the best and easiest way to stop this from happening again and if an after market distributor set(the entire thing that attaches to the cam and all) or something of the likes might prevent this from happening, cause as it stands at the moment my truck is not drivable, and i really like to drive it.

thank you for your help in advanced.
noone replied and i was wondering if i could get some help here.

thank you very much in advanced and i noticed that there was no ramcharger section so if a moderator or someone could repost this or something in the appropriat section it would really be appreciated.

thank you again.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk!

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
welcome to dodgetalk.:)

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk, the best Dodge Forum on the internet :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.