DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(I hope I am posting this in the right place) Let me first say this site has helped me fix a lot of things with my 2000 Dodge Durango just as a guest, and thank you so much for that!! I recently was stopped by a State Trooper in Ohio at 100am and informed my licence plate light was out, as though thats all he wanted right?? :thatfunny I went and bought the new bulbs for and and feel like a nitwit because I have no idea how to get to them. I was hoping someone could tell me how you access that quick connect with out tearing the whole bumper off. :help: Thank you so much in advance!!

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
Welcome to Dodgetalk and glad to see the site is helping you, I would think you could access them from the bottom back side ... I dont own a Dingo and a not 100% sure if this is correct

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I can think of four or five problems or short cuts I learned from you guys, and that was before tonite. As far as the light, I am wondering if the black plastic piece on the top of the back bumper pops off somehow but didnt want to start having at it with a crow bar and make matters worse. Figured I would ask around before destroying the whole rear bumper. Just a question of how and does that piece come off there??

·
Registered
29 Posts
According to my Haynes manual you need to "reach up behind the bumper to rotate and remove the bulb holder" There is a picture but its pretty hard to make out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG!! Wrong answer!! Lmao!! I even went out and bought that same book, they fail to mention the tow package supports!! I ended up unscrewing it from the bumper and pulling them down behind the truck. Of course the screws being so old stripped out. Who woulda guessed that right?? LMAO. Funny now but wow did I have some choice words flying around. Maybe someone with a smaller hand could do it from behind the bumper but with my meat hooks, not happening..... :VHOT:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.