DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, I just found this site, love it so far, lots of good Info.

I own a 05 2500 Cummins, I have about 40,000 mi on her. I have an upgraded air intake, MBRP 4 inch exhaust, and she runs great, till lately.

My problems started about a month ago, my truck just didnt want to start every morning, I would have to crank it and crank it. Some days I ran the batterys dry, and had to jump it to get it going. It has happened on 65 degree days and 40 degree days, it also throws a P2509 ECM/PCM code. So the other day It wouldnt start, and once again I cranked till she was about dead. My buddy came over and said to try unhooking the ECM battery cable and resetting the computer, so I do this, then recharge the batterys, and bingo, she starts right up, but flashed the P2509 code again,

my question and problem,
the dealer tells me he thinks its bad gas, and that his tech rep says he doesnt think the code is a major problem???????

anyone have an idea what it might be, and also he says to me that if he does all the Diagnostic tests and they dont show anything, then it must be bad gas, and I have to pay for the testing....bear in mind 40,000 mi, plus I have an extended warranty. Do I have any recourse if he tries to feed me this crap? I am a little stuck here and am unsure what to do. I do know I fill up all 3 of my deisel trucks at the same place, and no problems with my other 2 trucks, plus about 8 months ago I had to have new battery's warrantied in the truck because of an unexplained short in the system. When i advised the service guy of that, he said the last dealership claimed they replaced the batterys because they went dead from excessive cranking due to bad gas and the engine wouldnt start. That was crap too, because once they replaced my batteries, the truck ran fine for about 8 months...

sorry for the long post, I would appreciate any help/ideas you guys have.

thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
595 Posts
P2509 is: ECM / PCM Power Input Signal Intermittent

Not to sure what that means, how ever it dosen't sound like a fuel problem. I'd pay for the dealer tests, just for a peace of mind. And if any thing is wrong, your warranty should cover it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sounds to me from all that has been said, there is a short somewhere. My $0.02 worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.