DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2005 Durango about 3 weeks ago. It had 38,000 miles on it and still smells almost like a new vehicle. I traded in my 1995 Blazer that had 166K miles and actually got a decent trade-in value for it, so I'm happy and I not only upgraded 10 less years on age but also from a Chevy to a Dodge. The gas mileage is the same for the Hemi verses the 3800 in the Blazer, which surprises me. I drive about 20 miles to work with about 75% of that being highway driving and I'm am getting 18.1 mpg.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Welcome to DT.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Crossfire:

Welcome and congrats on the new ride.

Just want to asked if you are the second owner? If so, did you get the remainder of the 7/70 power train warranty transferred to you.

The fee to do it is $150, and should be done within 30 days of purchase IIRC.

I bring this up as a fair number of folks and non dealer type sales points are not aware of it.

Don

·
Alcohol Aficionado
283 Posts
Congrats and welcome to DT

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Welcome Crossfire!

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Welcome aboard. You've come to the right source for information and some new friends.

The group therapy sessions are open 24/7.

As some one else said "hide the Credit cards" but where you can find them!

:ghug::dogpile::dwave:

·
Hemi User
1,719 Posts
Welcome and ............ :postpics:

·
RangoArkie
1,442 Posts

·
locogk
5,856 Posts
welcome to dt

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to DT!
I did exactly that with the power train warranty, got it transferred. Of course when we walked into the showroom they had a orange Challenger RT setting there and my wife took a liking to it, but I got out of there before she fell too in love.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome to Dodgetalk... grab you wallet and get ready!

Any mods in store for the 05 Durango?
The only mod that I am going to do rather quickly is installing nerf bars so my wife can get it the truck. Right now she is building up her upper body strength getting in and out. I am getting all SS nerf bars, brackets and hardware. I didn't see any sense in having rusting steel bolts against the stainless bars.

·
What! Me Worry?
1,547 Posts
I did exactly that with the power train warranty, got it transferred. Of course when we walked into the showroom they had a orange Challenger RT setting there and my wife took a liking to it, but I got out of there before she fell too in love.
Welcome to DT:)

I must say you're a better man than I. If I walked into a showroom & my wife took a liking to a Challenger R/T, I'd be signing the papers:D no if's, and's or but's:cheerl: As a loving husband, it would be my duty to do my wife's bidding:D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome to DT:)

I must say you're a better man than I. If I walked into a showroom & my wife took a liking to a Challenger R/T, I'd be signing the papers:D no if's, and's or but's:cheerl: As a loving husband, it would be my duty to do my wife's bidding:D
Almost what I went through today, almost signed. Went to a dealership to look at a 1967 Coronet that was out in the back. I left the wife in the showroom and she took a liking to a shiny new Challenger. She said I could get both but I have to sell the Harley, but that ain't happening

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.