DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello any help at this point would be awesome.I have a 2003 neon sxt. 5 spd. about a week or so ago my girlfriend went to start the car everything worked in ignition except when going in the start position does not do "anything"problem now she drives my prelude and i get to pop start her neon every morning to goto work. anyways i already have the button off ebay 2 wire hook up 1 power on 2 starter. problem how do i find the starter wire if i cant turn the key and get power at wire. i need color chart or another way to do it please. :help:

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
Intercepted!!! LMAO

Well Raberry80 I think that b4 you go that route you should look at the possibility of the Power wire to the starter from the battery being corroded. 9 times out of 10 it only needs a new power wire or two! An easy way to check this is to pull out the battery, and give all conections a good cleaning, while you are at it give the cable to the starter a few good yanks to loosen up any corrosion that may be inside the cable.
If you do this and the car starts replace the wire to the starter and also the one to the Power Dis Box. (fuse box under the hood). The starter is more than likely int eh front of the motor at the bottom drivers side. You can't miss the big power wire!

I am not sure how you wire up those buttons but I imagine that the starter power wire will have to be supplied with power 24/7 and that the button starter would be the gap between the Ground and the starter. Follow me there? The reason I think this is that there is alot of power going to the starter, I imagine if the hot was run on the button it would eventually get hot and cause problems. I dunno tho. Never done one of those b4. Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.