DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a while back in the Hella thread that someone else had a problem with their Hellas pointing to high. I thought I was the only one!

I got motivated today and took them out of their mounts and did a little grinding on the base. I used a dremel tool, but you could probably also do this with a file or a hacksaw. It didn't take much to remove enough material to allow the light to tilt forward enough to aim at the ground. Five minutes of work and now they are aimed perfectly! If you have this problem, check out the pic below to see where to cut.

No more angry helicopters!

Attachments

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
You da man George.:taz:

·
Lets go DEVILS!!!
2,129 Posts
How are you supposed to repel UFO's now. Don't you southern guys use bright lights to fight off abductions? J/K How are yours mounted? I didn't need to grind on my Ram or my Jeep to get them pointed right.

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
How are you supposed to repel UFO's now. Don't you southern guys use bright lights to fight off abductions? J/K How are yours mounted? I didn't need to grind on my Ram or my Jeep to get them pointed right.
He goes to bed at night with a tinfoil hat on to keep the aliens away.:D

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
317 Posts

·
Got'R Did
1,638 Posts
Sweet, thanks for postin that up George! I have been contemplating other ideas to get my lights out of the tree tops. This seems to be a pretty easy route. I will have to give it a whirl once the rain stops...

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was super easy to do bro and now the lights adjust down the way they should have from the start. I guess on some rams the crossbar is mounted at a slight angle. Or maybe it has something to do with the level kit in the front, but it only got worse when I put the shell on the back.

·
Hemi Nation
260 Posts
Thanks for the post, I have the same issue with them pointing up too high. I figured I'd have to dremel the bases or sand them down or something, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Will be doing that soon now that I know it's effective.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
I'm sooo jealous of those tubes running under your light in that pic...

·
Average Guy
2,628 Posts

·
Stay Army
97 Posts
Thanks for the post, I was the one on the other thread talking about the tree tops, Now I just need to get out there after work tomorrow and get my grind on:cool:

I've also got my t-bars cranked up guess that throw them up a little too.

·
Hemi Nation
260 Posts
After having my Hellas installed for months now, I finally have them aimed perfectly after taking a Dremel to the base in order to be able to aim the beams down. It was tolerable before I leveled my truck, but it was just ridiculous afterwards. Thanks for the suggestion, RubberFrog, it's nice having these lights in and actually having them be useful now.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm glad this was able to help a few guys out. I'm bumping it back up so maybe a few more guys can see it. Any chance of getting this merged with one of the hella threads?

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
BiggSetriplexy
184 Posts
AHHHHHHHHH the solution to the question that I was asking myself right after I installed them today!! Guess I will be gettin my dremel out tomorrow and goin to work on them. Thanks for the answer to my question that I never had to ask!!

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I am so disappointed! I just knew George had done yet other DIY video.

:bawl: nuts!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.