DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of people with the Hella 500's and 500FF's. My wife went Christmas shopping and I had shown here the 500FF's in Wal-Mart a while back and she says I found some 700FF's and they were bigger for the same price. They have the same 55 watt H3 bulb but are significantly bigger lights.

Is anybody running them and would the fit in a single panel of the 06-07 style grill or are the 500's sized more appropriately?

Here is a picture of the size difference.

Attachments

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just seems like a larger reflector would make the beam pattern spread wider than the smaller light. The 500FF is brighter than the 500 with the same size bulb mainly because of the more reflective nature of the FF and the clearer lens. Plus you can put a bigger bulb in any.

I was more or less curious which one would be more proportionate to the opening in the grill when mounted behind the grill under the hood.

· MUDDY AFFAIR
951 Posts
I'm thinking the size of the 700 VS the 500 would put a decent ammount of light shining on the back of the horizontal sections of the crosshairs if mounting behind your grille.....

if you were going with a brush gaurd or a randy ellis type light bar i think the 700's would be the poo!

My 500's ROCK with the 50 watt bulb, I found on this web site http://www.rallylights.com/hella/500.asp you can order the 100W or 50W bulbs in 2 different shades of yellow, blue or stock... all HELLA brand bulbs, I put the 100W xenon blue ones on my wish list ;-)

· Registered
1,277 Posts
i went with 8" procomps vs my 500s, they looked waaay too small

lol the 500s fit the avenger well with my new bumper

· Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BRUISER QUAD said:
I'm thinking the size of the 700 VS the 500 would put a decent ammount of light shining on the back of the horizontal sections of the crosshairs if mounting behind your grille.....
Thats exactly what I was worried about. I guess I'll make sure she gets me the 500 FF's instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.