DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, someone help me do the math here. I searched for this over (3) dodge forums and the internet till my eyes bled. Hah, once 5 o'clock comes around, I refuse to use any more brain power than is required.

What I got -

2005 1500 4X4 w/ factory tires and 20" rims.

What I want -

Factory aluminum 17's with 315/70/17 with a torsion crank.

The question -

Will I sit higher with the 315's on 17" rims with the torsion crank? How much higher (or lower) will I be compared to what I am right now?

Please reply ASAP cause I wanna make my decision soon! As in tonight, I ran into a guy in a parking lot with the 17's ive been searching for and offered a straight up trade for my 20's. thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Your stock tires: 32.99 in diameter
BFG 315's: 34.5 in. diameter

You'll gain with the increased height of the tires plus however much you crank the front end, the most common crank here appears to be in the 1.5" to 2" range, a few go less, a few go more.

Your truck should look great with the factory 17's and new shoes.

Zach

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Your question is will you be hight it you lift the frotn 2" and add a 2" taller tire? If you measure the cab you will probably only be about 1.5" higher but if you measure the front of the grill probably like 3.5"

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well found a local wholesale dealer with an 03 4x4 offroad on the lot. Offered to trade him my chrome OEM 20's with 6k miles for the offroad rims w/ junk tires and they took it. I get them switched tomorrow while the torsion crank and 315 BFG's go on Saturday. Cant wait! Check out the Monday for before and after pics - the before pics are already in the gallery.

the anticipation is killin me! :jmad:

·
MFIC
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Russellabjr said:
well found a local wholesale dealer with an 03 4x4 offroad on the lot. Offered to trade him my chrome OEM 20's with 6k miles for the offroad rims w/ junk tires and they took it. I get them switched tomorrow while the torsion crank and 315 BFG's go on Saturday. Cant wait! Check out the Monday for before and after pics - the before pics are already in the gallery.

the anticipation is killin me! :jmad:
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=504728#post504728

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.