DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1976 Dodge D100 Custom Utiline 360 A-833 OD trans.
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to do an HEI conversion on my '76 question is I got a good deal on an Accel 8140C coil so I picked it up, just wondering if it is good for the conversion. I have everything else I need just unsure about a coil.
I plan on by bypassing the amp gauge at the same time.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bruce, mines the chrome job. Apart from the shiney case it has the same specs as the 8140M, one web page listed it as a points type coil so I thought I'd ask here to be sure.

Hey guess what? at the bottom of the box in little bitty type MADE IN CHINA!

Thanks again

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Holy crap!!!!

What a difference, No more stumble on my acceleration no more surging at speed and no more backfire when I floor it! I'm very impressed. Here all along I thought it was the darn carb, turns out my ignition was to blame. I had a new ballast/coil/ECU so I didn't suspect it. I would recommend this mod to anyone. It only takes a couple hours to do properly............ heat shrink, solder, etc. It would have taken less time if I hadn't had to run back the store for some connectors. Hat's off to bherder for posting that how to many moons ago. I should have done it sooner.

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
Yeah, sweet, huh? :D
(Don't forget, it's fairly inexpensive too!)

I'm kinda dissapointed to see that Accel stuff in now 'Made in China' also... Bummer.

·
440 and a 4 speed
976 Posts
Well Holy crap!!!!

What a difference, No more stumble on my acceleration no more surging at speed and no more backfire when I floor it! I'm very impressed. Here all along I thought it was the darn carb, turns out my ignition was to blame. I had a new ballast/coil/ECU so I didn't suspect it. I would recommend this mod to anyone. It only takes a couple hours to do properly............ heat shrink, solder, etc. It would have taken less time if I hadn't had to run back the store for some connectors. Hat's off to bherder for posting that how to many moons ago. I should have done it sooner.
Always good to see positive results...I'm planning on doing this very soon - now you make me wanna do it quicker!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, real cheap around 60.00 i'd say. Any ideas on what I should run my gaps at now? I was thinking .035, although your rundown says I can go out to.045.

Delray, You will be pleased with it, especially if you are having any ignition related problems already. It has transformed my truck!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you sir, I'll give it a go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.