DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any interest for a group buy for these? We could probably get a good bunch of people between the Hemi long and short tubes, and the 5.9 and 4.7 headers they have.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
with y-pipe under 300 id be in. jegs offers hedman headers with y pipe for around 350

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
xxumattuxx said:
with y-pipe under 300 id be in. jegs offers hedman headers with y pipe for around 350
x2

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called Chris at jethot to see what could be offered. They don't sell the headers uncoated, but it seemed like a good deal. here is the pricing for the part numbers I asked on(he included shipping and handling within the 48 states), but he said we'd need to get 10-20 people.

79540 $379 5.9L
79570 $505 4.7L
79580 $385 Hemi shorty w/y
79590 $465 Hemi longtube

If you order please post so we can count up how many guys do it. You can call Chris at 800-432-3379 x110

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
I am interested in the group buy. Have one question... Which headers are in my best interest Shorty w/y or longtube? Whats the difference in performance? Also what else do i need to purchase to have these headers installed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Longtube headers will give you more torque and hp compared to shortys, no question. But a lot of guys use the shorty set because they're easier to install(basically a bolt-in job vs. longtubes you'll have to have a ypipe fabricated, or run duals), and/or because they need the emissions hook-ups that aren't offered on long tubes.

On other muscle cars I've had, I've seen about 10hp gain from a shorty set, but long tubes can be up to 25. I'm not sure how the Ram will respond to the changes, but it has to be much better than the manifolds that are on there now.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're right that those prices include the ceramic coating. Usually the price to coat longtubes from jethot is $280, so it is a good deal in that regard. I've had jethot parts before, and it is much better than hookers coating. A friend of mine had problems too, but I never had any trouble with the jethot. If you call Chris he'll lay out the differences between the coatings.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
well personally it isnt worth 280 dollars for me, ill probably just throw a couple more coats of hot paint on the hedman's and save 100 dollars from jegs + get the y pipe and call it a day.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
I called jegs months ago and they said their was no y available for 79580. they are shorty headers which bolt up to the stock y. the only y available is with the 90

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
shortys bolt up to the stock y, but most people dont see many gains from shortys

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
beiswtj said:
I called Chris at jethot to see what could be offered. They don't sell the headers uncoated, but it seemed like a good deal. here is the pricing for the part numbers I asked on(he included shipping and handling within the 48 states), but he said we'd need to get 10-20 people.

79540 $379 5.9L
79570 $505 4.7L
79580 $385 Hemi shorty w/y
79590 $465 Hemi longtube

If you order please post so we can count up how many guys do it. You can call Chris at 800-432-3379 x110

79580 Is just shorty headers. Their is no y pipe available for shorties because they bolt up to your stock manifolds. I WANT TO KNOW WHY the longtubes will not fit. I do not want to hear, because they don't, I wan't to see what is restricting them from 4wds. They are a better deal. But, If I would get shorties if they were 350 shipped, no more. Seems a bit high for shorties. Don't get me wrong, they are 270 from jegs uncoated, so it is a deal, but I just have better things to spend my money on like SUPERCHIPS. But i would go 350 ceramic coated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.