DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it rains or warms up in the winter and the roads get slushy!! when i put my 2002 dodge caravan in drive or reverse and start moving the heater,stereo,wipers stop working , and when i stop they start working again and when i take off they stop again. Can anyone please help me?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
a poltergheist perhaps

I would physically run through the wiring harness(es) that serves these items looking for a loose connector and also check the mechanical integrity of any fuse blocks involved and maybe the connect to the body control module if so equipped

this sort of sounds like a connection is being broken due to vibration or tension applied to the wiring when the vehicle is in motion

it is no a short circuit because the power to these items would not come back on without changing the fuses or re-setting breakers

get a wiring diagram and find the harness(es) serving these components and physically inspect; with the engine running and the vehicle parked and these devices turned on; lightly and gently pull tug, pull, push, shake or in any way you can disturb the wiring and connectors and fuse blocks to see if you can replicate the problem

·
Registered
821 Posts
You may also want to check your motor mounts. With the parking brake set and someone inside the van stepping on the brake pedal, have them give it some gas and watch for any engine movement. There will be some but it should not rise up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.