DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '01 Dakota Sport and my fan control will only work on high. Would this just be the switch or is there a relay somewhere that would be bad?

·
Banned
10 Posts
Mostly likely not the switch but the resistor block burned up. Never looked for mine on my '00 but all vehicles so far it's near the motor and cooled by the air flow from the fan.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most likely the resistor. I replaced it in my 01 quad slt this summer. It is under the glove box. Look for a wire harness connected to the resistor that sticks straight up into the blower ducts. There are two screws holding the resistor in the ducts. I also took one screw loose on part of the duct below to give me a better angle on the other two screws. The part only cost around $12 from the dealer. There is a red clip on the wire harness that needs to be removed before you can remove the wire harness. Good Luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info!!! I'll check it out this weekend...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have read many posts in the past year that claim the reason for the resistor block burn up was a defective blower. I have just had my resistors replaced at the suggestion of my mechanic, with this info. The blower works now, but will be on the lookout for it to quit again. I have 2 years warranty on the repair, which is the only reason I let him change them.

The thought of an other mans hands on my truck.. eeeew.

·
Registered
7 Posts
just fixed this one , if all you have is high you wont have it long. Its a switch,works like a dimmer sort of, replace it .Its behind the knob cheap part
so an easy fix if you are able still not bad if the mechanic does it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.