DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '01 Dakota Sport and my fan control will only work on high. Would this just be the switch or is there a relay somewhere that would be bad?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Most likely the resistor. I replaced it in my 01 quad slt this summer. It is under the glove box. Look for a wire harness connected to the resistor that sticks straight up into the blower ducts. There are two screws holding the resistor in the ducts. I also took one screw loose on part of the duct below to give me a better angle on the other two screws. The part only cost around $12 from the dealer. There is a red clip on the wire harness that needs to be removed before you can remove the wire harness. Good Luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info!!! I'll check it out this weekend...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have read many posts in the past year that claim the reason for the resistor block burn up was a defective blower. I have just had my resistors replaced at the suggestion of my mechanic, with this info. The blower works now, but will be on the lookout for it to quit again. I have 2 years warranty on the repair, which is the only reason I let him change them.

The thought of an other mans hands on my truck.. eeeew.

·
Registered
7 Posts
just fixed this one , if all you have is high you wont have it long. Its a switch,works like a dimmer sort of, replace it .Its behind the knob cheap part
so an easy fix if you are able still not bad if the mechanic does it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.