DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been puttin off replacing it for about 2 yrs now and now im tired of freezin in the winter time. so is there an easy way to get to the heater core w/o takin out the whole dash

·
Registered
121 Posts
lol, same boat as you my friend.

I know I took out the glove box and took a look around. I could reach all the screws on the heater core retainers if I stretched though the problem would be actually pulling it out of the housing; due to the airbag housing/ support bracing.

So it looks like it's the whole dash. :(
I know I was disappointed too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
the whole dash has to come out

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, i can confirm that the whole dash has to come out as well. It can be a big pain in the ass if you don't know exactly what you're doing. You'll save a ton by doing it yourself as opposed to a shop because it's so much labor (7 or 8 hours is what i've been told by a dealership). Just note that it's a real pain and will take a good chunk out of your weekend.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Oh and just remember, you'll have to pay to have the ac discharged and recharged too. Last going rate around St. Louis was 150.00 for standard ac servicing thrown in.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damnit i might just have to deal with it for another winter until i get out of school and have time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.