DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Powered By Coors
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: I'm going for it, I'm not paying $800+ to have the dealer change it. OK....after I remove the dash, is it necessary to remove the heater\AC housing thus having to evacuate the A\C ? I've pulled the dash back and it looks like I can get to the heater core easily. Are there bolts\screws that I can't get to to remove the core if I don't ? This is my 1st heater core and hopefully my last !! Thanks for any advice you can give me. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
1996Ram25004X4 said:
:help: I'm going for it, I'm not paying $800+ to have the dealer change it. OK....after I remove the dash, is it necessary to remove the heater\AC housing thus having to evacuate the A\C ? I've pulled the dash back and it looks like I can get to the heater core easily. Are there bolts\screws that I can't get to to remove the core if I don't ? This is my 1st heater core and hopefully my last !! Thanks for any advice you can give me. :gr_patrio
Never done it either, BUT mine just went out last week. I did look through my Haynes manual. It said that YES you DO need to discharge the A/C system. HTH.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I would do the evaporator as well. Another common thing to go, and why would you want to take it apart again! I say do them both.

·
02 R/T & 05 Ram
2,725 Posts
get a digital camera and take lots of pix as it comes apart. That way you'll know how it goes back together :)

·
GROUNDED
2,944 Posts
its worth paying 800 any day for a number of reasons.

the biggest 2 off the top of my head are

1.) the labor sucks
2.) if you break your dash which isnt hard you will have to replace that. if the shop does its on their ass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.