DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a bit o' help here. Just got back from NC Mountains, ~240 miles - 4 hours driving - not towing. We were running the A/C due to high humidity here this week - 2 kids, 1 dog & about 300# of luggage in back. Just outside cleaning out the D and noticed an UNUSUAL amount of water dripping from under front passenger tire.

Looks just like usual condensation - but MORE. I turned on the engine - ran A/C on HIGH and water is POURING out from somewhere on the firewall - dripping on the exhaust and onto the driveway.

Any help appreciated - don't know much about heater cores, just that they are somwhere in the dash'ish area.

Cheers, Scrubber

·
Registered
71 Posts
Water or coolant... If it is water, it is A/C... unless you only run water in your cooling system... if it is green (or orange - you may have the orange/red stuff in yours), it is coolant... the A/C drain is at the firewall.. and typically if it is the heater core, you will have the coolant flowing INSIDE your passangers side floorboard... I say usaly, as it could be a heater hose leak, and that could be outside...

Mine will pull a fair amount of water from the air, so seeing a large amount is not unusual... especially in humid weather...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx

Thanks a lot.....don't think it is the core.....carpet is dry and it is water only. I've been in the South my whole life and never seen an A/C drain that much.

Appreciate the input!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Glad to hear it's not the core. There's only two ways to fix THAT: $700-1000 (for a 7-10 hour job), or five gallons of gas and a road flare.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You would know its the core. Mine went out a few weeks ago. You will see "smoke" coming out of every vent and smells like anti-freeze. Scared the crap outa me. Then you will notice your wallet getting lighter after getting it repaired.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I live in Fl on the gulf coast, if i run my AC while sitting (The water can't puddle while I'm driving), I will have a lake under my truck just due to the humidity.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
WarrensD said:
or five gallons of gas and a road flare.
LOL :thatfunny

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
WarrensD said:
or five gallons of gas and a road flare.

Soon the fix may be cheaper than the 5 gallons of gas...

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
TOO funny, Don!

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
Lol!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
The source of "five gallons of gas & a road flare" might amuse you. My sailboat partner took a gaggle of bimbos out on the boat last year, and one of them clogged the head so badly, that the holding tank ruptured, sending its' contents into the bilge. After accessing the damage, my solution was "five gallons....."

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
That doesn't seem ecologically sound..

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Next time I've got 35 gallons of $h!t in the bilge, I'll be sure to give YOU a call...LMAO

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
I meant the girl... ;)

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Lmao!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.