DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
bill
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, no matter where I set the temperature control, the air blew hot. Turned fan on and off, turned the right knob to different settings (defrost, floor, etc) with no effect. Only way to keep from roasting was turn the fan all the way to off, or open windows at 31° outside. This would really be an issue in the summer heat.
I was going to take it in today, and after leaving the house, everything's back to normal.
I'm not sure how the center/temp knob controls to a hot water valve, maybe the valve itself stuck?. Anyone ever experience this ?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Maybe the TEMP sensor is going bad. located in interior usually by right knee/ steering wheel look for the slits in plastic valance.

·
bill
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would a sensor on the column be for sensing cabin air temp? I don't have climate control, so I'm thinking I wouldn't have one there.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you have the problem again, check the motor for the temperature control on the HVAC unit. It is located right behind the glove box on the left side near the radio.

Normally when this unit goes bad it will just blow cold air, but it could be binding when it goes through its start up calibration in the up position.

It is called the left temperature actuator.

·
bill
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's interesting. This truck is garaged every night and rarely sees cold temps, and the morning that the problem appeared, it had set out all night at maybe 27° or so. THe following night it was garaged, and that's when it was back to normal.
Maybe an actuator linkage stuck when it was colder in the cab. I'll be on the lookout to see if the pattern repeats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.