DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to use my heater in my truck mon. morning and it works fine on max heat (knob turned all the way to the right). But when I try to turn the temp dial to mix in a little colder air with the heat I have no mix of the 2. By the time the temp has changed the knob is almost to the max cold side of the dial and just cold air is coming out?
Is this a common problem for these trucks?
More importantly is it a easy/cheap thing to fix?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one has ever had this problem? Everyone's climate controls work perfectly?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine always do, execpt for the fact of having a bad heatercore and I dont have much heat now...

That happend to my dads ford, turned out to be just a bad vaccume leak... im not sure how that opperates on the rams.

·
Registered
257 Posts
that is controlled by vaccume slinoid , there is alot of problems with them.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine had the vacuum leak under the battery tray. I fixed that and it got better, but not great. A heater core flush is next for me. My heat is OK at highway speeds and crappy at low speeds and idle. Before I fixed the vacuum line the heat control would change on it's own. I'ts a pretty easy fix on the vacuum leak, it costs about $5 for hose and connectors, and takes a couple of hours. I'm gonna flush JUST the heater core with some prestone coolant system flush and see if that helps. I'll circulate the flush through the core with an old bilge pump from a boat I have here. Make sure you have plenty of coolant in both the radiator and reservoir, low levels of coolant can affect your heat a lot too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
biggen6776 said:
that is controlled by vaccume slinoid , there is alot of problems with them.

Where is the vaccume silnoid located? I'm having the same problems but mine stays HOT. Atleast I know that my heater core isn't clogged or broken. :VHOT:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.