DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Better MPG than my boat!
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 Durango LTD and the front heated seats stopped working today. The rear heated seats still work. There is a fuse for the rear seats, but no mention anywhere about the front. I checked the service manual which said, if malfunctions, the seats should be serviced by a qualified technician. Anyone have any experience with this problem? Thanks. :IDEA:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Sorry no clue.. all I know is my pass heated seat heats up 4 times faster than the drivers.. the drivers also doesn't seem to start warming up til I'm sitting in it.

·
Better MPG than my boat!
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gold, thats pretty funny. I like that.
:hahano:

·
Better MPG than my boat!
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took the Durango to the dealer today and they fixed my heated front seats. All they did is reset the module. Now they are working fine. I have no idea where the module is, but its working. No charge at all, under basic warranty. Yeah! :cheerl:

·
RangoArkie
1,442 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed for free. With the air bag sensors in there, I personally wouldn't mess around with a DIY fix.

·
Black Durangos Rock
800 Posts
That's cool... let us know if you figure out where the module is. Since mine will soon be out of warranty, if that happens to me I would like to at least start by reseating the module myself.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i want heated seats.. :( and a HEATED STEERING WHEEL!!!! that thing gets COLDER than COLD!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue

I also have 2004 Dodge Durango SLT 5.7L hemi and am researching what I need to do for heated seats. Anyone know if the seats may already have the elements installed and all I need to do is install a controller module and switches? Not sure what to look for under the seats.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to buy a seat cover that heats up for you? I have no idea where you'd get the schematics that show what wiring you need for that.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
yeah, buy a heated seat cover... then you get heat on your back as well.. with my D anyhow all I get is toasty butt.. which is better than frozen butt..

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 2005 does the same thing, drivers seat slower to warm up than the passenger seat

I think, they don`t want the driver fall to sleep before the passenger............

·
Registered
66 Posts
My heated seats work just fine, except I think that they get a little too hot on the high setting. The manual says that it will only stay on high for 2 hours. Holy crap, if I left mine on high for 2 hours it would smell like bacon frying! I will have to look in the service manual and see if there is info on this module.

I have in the past looked up, on line, for after market seat heaters. There are a few of them out there and everyone of them that I looked at had customer support to instruct you how to connect them to your specific vehicle.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
My driver's side heats up quicker as well. It must be by design if it's happening to all of us.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.