DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Hauln' A$$ Suckin' Gas
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i currently do not have heat seats on my 03' slt leather seats, can i just get the factory switches or do i need new seats and wiring? has anyone done this? thanks

Shaun

· Registered
2,632 Posts
you need to get the heat elements and put them in the seat. they sell heated seat kits on ebay. im sure you can buy the factory stuff from the dealer if you want as well.

· Registered
203 Posts
I just installed warmseats heated seat in my truck. From start to finish took about an hour and a half. I didn't need to remove the seat. There is a write up HERE
I love the heater. Has high and low setting and heats up fast.

· Registered
86 Posts
im prett sure you have to change alternator as well asthat its puts out more amps to compensate for the extra voltage being used an the facory switchs dont always have the connections in the truck you have to add the female end also if you want factory look at least i had too on my uncles truck the seat he got right from lehr seat but had to wire them up ourselfs

· Registered
1,628 Posts
Wildcat said:
I just installed warmseats heated seat in my truck. From start to finish took about an hour and a half. I didn't need to remove the seat. There is a write up HERE
I love the heater. Has high and low setting and heats up fast.
Quick Question...
Why did you go with the warmseats kit and not the HSK kit??

Thinking of doing this mod when I put leather in my truck and am trying to get the most info i can about the different products out there.

· Registered
203 Posts
I got them on ebay for $60. For that price I couldn't pass it up. From what I've read they're both good kits.

· Banned
136 Posts
The OEM heating elements would be easy enough to install as well. I just replaced my driver's element for the second time in 5 years of ownership. First one was under warranty, this one cost $130.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.