DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Ram 1500 that has heated front seats. When I bought it used in 2003 the passenger seat heater was inoperable.When the toggle for the passenger seat was pushed it would just flash for a few seconds then go out . The dealer tried to fix it twice, then informed me that they would need to take it to the upholstery shop to tear the seat apart because the problem must be in the seat hardware as they tried everything else already.Although they were paying for it ,I just did not want to be inconvienencedfor a few days ,and besides,my seat heater worked just fine.Of course my wife called me a selfish ******* ................. Plus I really did'nt have any faith in these idiots and never did go back.
Strangely enough , last winter it all of a sudden started working fine and I have not had any further problems with it.
Now , the drivers side is starting to act up.................same flashing toggle (drivers side now), but then after a few miles I'll push it again and it will start working okay and the light will stay on.
I think my wife put a curse on it...........................................Help! :VHOT:

· '98 B2500 Ram Cargo Van
683 Posts
I'd bet money that the switch is getting "burned contacts". Pull it out and see if it can be disassembled so you can actually get to the contacts. If they look black, take some 1000 or 600 sand paper and buff them back to nice metal again.

I had exactly the same thing happen to a rear window defrost switch several years ago.

Pete

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VAN-NUT,
I pulled it apart and checked the contacts on the switch. They did'nt look tarnished , but I ran my finger across them a few times anyway and put it all back together. I then started up the truck and tried it. It must have worked ,no more flashing light on the toggle it stays on. Thanks, I appreciate your input!
I think the real problem is what I found stamped on the switches though,
HECHO EN MEXICO.........................................................

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seat Heaters

Its actually still acting up. It seems to work the first time after disconnecting then reconnecting the rocker switches as I tried changing the drivers and passenger switches, but after the first time working properly it still flashes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.