DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys need a little help here. Just recently switched from a powerstroke to my first cummins. Brought a 2009 6.7L and love the truck. But i found a issues with the heat. First it takes forever to warm up and when the engine temp comes up it doesnt blow very hot. Recently my wife said she was freezing and I reached over to feel the vent and it was cold. So 2 issues. 1 its not very hot on driver said but will eventually warm up but not at the temp i believe it should and 2 the passage side never warms.
My research leads me to a clogged heater core but then why would one said be warmer than the other? I dont hear any clicking from the actuators and I dont think it has anything to do with them as I can switching from defrost to floor and so on with no issues. Any suggestions?
Thanks

· Registered
75 Posts
Guys need a little help here. Just recently switched from a powerstroke to my first cummins. Brought a 2009 6.7L and love the truck. But i found a issues with the heat. First it takes forever to warm up and when the engine temp comes up it doesnt blow very hot. Recently my wife said she was freezing and I reached over to feel the vent and it was cold. So 2 issues. 1 its not very hot on driver said but will eventually warm up but not at the temp i believe it should and 2 the passage side never warms.
My research leads me to a clogged heater core but then why would one said be warmer than the other? I dont hear any clicking from the actuators and I dont think it has anything to do with them as I can switching from defrost to floor and so on with no issues. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Thermostat?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts