Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Ram 1500 ST,

I have cold air blowing out of all sides when its set to heat and the truck has reached temperature. The HVAC controls do not light up, the three buttons for recirculation, AC & defrost are not working when pressed. I am, however, able to use the knobs to turn down the fan speed and change where the air comes out of. The issue started after one of the really cold days in the negatives in Upstate New York. I used the truck in the morning and everything worked fine, when I went back out in the afternoon, it was not working and hasn't worked since.

I had the same or similar issue in the past and I did a reset by holding down the recirculation button but that did not work this time. I do not hear a clicking sound but I did unplug something behind the glove box that made the fan stop running, waited 30 seconds and put it back in, that did not fix the issue either. Not sure what I unplugged since there were 3 plugs under there and it was the only one(middle plug) I was able to get off while it was freezing outside. I have not checked fuses yet, but I will tomorrow since it will be much warmer. I'll probably also get behind the controls to make sure everything looks ok back there and wiggle a few things (That usually fixes stuff right? lol)

Any suggestions on what else it could be or tips on how I can pinpoint what the problem is before I start buying parts and replacing one at a time until the issue is fixed? And if that's the case, at least which part I should buy first.

Thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.