DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered "Heat Barrier, Air Tube cover, 36 in. X 14 in. Universal Kit from Summit Racing Part Number 010417 $49.95 + $8.95 shipping
It is made by Design Engineering The Summit Racing part number is DEI-010417. You simply wrap it around your intake tube to keep the air cool. It appears there is velcro on it to make it stick. Cooler air means quicker times.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Let us know how it works out! I would be interested in buying one.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Wonder if a small mod like that could give you a edge on someone that does not have it at the strip. Curious to know what a homemade intake with no cover compares to with one that does.(performance, mpg. etc. etc...

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Wonder if a small mod like that could give you a edge on someone that does not have it at the strip. Curious to know what a homemade intake with no cover compares to with one that does.(performance, mpg. etc. etc...

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
lol, i posted this long time ago but not exactly this velcro type you speak of FMdog. You can get header thermal wrap for $12.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was ither the summit site or the design engineers site that tape also. I just took the lazy man's way out with the wrap. I world wager the tape would look better if done right. This wrap appears to be nothing more then an isulated blanket. I'm more interested in it's functionality, meaning the material it's made of and I'm confident in what I have read.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hemi1569 said:
"Edge" is the key word and if the air is 20 degrees cooler it should cut a couple .01's off your ET. Besides the wife says anything to reduce the hot air around her is definately worth the money. (I'm not sure what she is referring to.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.