DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have heard alot about headman headers on this site since everyone seems to use them but I wanted to spend a little more on quality headers. I was looking at Gibson short headers, ceramic coated in and out for $661.00 Is anyone using Gibson headers in thier hemi and how do they perform? I have never heard of Gibson before prabably because i have never bought headers before?? Any Dyno results? Thanks!!! :help:

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
you aren't talking about the gibson LOG Headers are you?
If you're going to spend that kind of money look into Dougs Headers.
btw i posted on your other post as well.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know they gave me a part #311SC I think they just came out.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
Was looking at Headers for my 04 Ram quad Hemi 4x4, I have heard you get better performance on the long tube header instead of the shorty, the problem with the long tube is that I do have a MagnaFlow cat back exhaust and wonders if i would have to modify the exhaust ot work with the headers.

If you decide to buy a set of headers i would like to know how they worked out for you thanks.
Matt

·
Registered
75 Posts
Both are great products! From my perspective (4.7) on quality, professional fit and performance...Gibson is a beautiful thing! :rck:

·
6,355 Posts
I have never purchased a set of headers before but i do know Heddman has been around a long time cause my brother put a set on his 73 Road Runner when he had it along time ago. I am not sure if the Long headers or the shorties are better all around, the bad part is that the headers for a Hemi are kinda pricey still and not sure if the performance and gas mileage save will out-weight the price to make it a well worth mod.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Pacesetter has a set of long tube headers with ypipe for 420. Fits 2wd models and has o2 bungs already welded on.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I like my ceramic coated Edelbrocks. My performance once I hit second gear is a very, very noticeable improvement. I can't say for certain about an improvement from a standing start, but second is a thrill and a Titan killer.

·
6,355 Posts
fmdog44 said:
I like my ceramic coated Edelbrocks. My performance once I hit second gear is a very, very noticeable improvement. I can't say for certain about an improvement from a standing start, but second is a thrill and a Titan killer.
Yours is a 2 wheel drive ? can I ask what they ran you and how hard it was to install and what mods to the exhaust you encountered?
Are they shorty or long headers?
I am thinking of going with headers for better performance but dont want to spend $600 to $700 for headers. :rck:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Headers

No problem, hopefully I wil have a positive feedback!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
They are not shorties by Edlebrocks def. They almost reach the CAT converters. I did not do the installation but welding was required as they had to saw just below the header manifold. Edelbrock still has not released their shorties at least this was the case when I bought mine. Mine is a 2 wheel drive -single cab-shortbed.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Was it a pain in the ass for install? Can you keep your stock converters? How does it feel on the butt dyno. I want a set of these please give info on install and price, performance and whatever else. Thanks Kevin

·
11 seconds or BUST!!!
260 Posts
I wouldn't say Hedman isn't a quality header. They have been around for a long time. I have their headers set for install saturday and I will tell you they have great welds and the flanges are smooth. I'm not using the gasket they supplied in lieu of a mopar copper, which I would suggest to everyone adding headers.
I've never seen the Gibson header so I cannot comment but I do have the Gibson Supertruck Exhaust on my truck now an dI like it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.