DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any of the Eurolite Xenon bulbs on their vehicles? I have some Sylvania Silverstars but I was wondering if the Eurolite Xenons would be worth the investment?

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I can't help ya but I was no very impressed with the silverstars for how much they costs. I did the headlights and foglights and for 80 bucks they weren't very good. But I think a lot of it matters with how clean your lens are at least that's what I noticed.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I paid ~$20 for a replacement harness for the headlamps, a more noticeable change than different colored bulbs, since the standard wiring and particularly the light switch are pretty lossy. Changing bulbs is never going to improve output much and still have legal wattages.

·
Registered
101 Posts
blind829 said:
I can't help ya but I was no very impressed with the silverstars for how much they costs. I did the headlights and foglights and for 80 bucks they weren't very good. But I think a lot of it matters with how clean your lens are at least that's what I noticed.

I was wondering if you could post the Silverstar num for the for lights. I can't seem to find them anywhere. I do have the headlights and would like the fogs also. Thanks!

·
I need a truck!!!
2,115 Posts
arent the headlights 9004? i think thats what it is. Im not sure on the fog lights though.

·
Registered
607 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
893 is *NOT* the right size (at least for my 2001 Sport 4x4. I know the Dodge owners manual states its a 893 but if you look at the specs for a 893 bulb, it always has a totally flat plug connector. The way my (OEM) fogs are, it requires a fog light with a "bent" plug to fit. Went through probably 6 or 7 of them "Euro" 893's before I finally gave up. 896 or 894 will work just fine. As far as headlights, mine use 9004 for low-beam and 9007 for high-beam.

Here's a few pics of the 2 diff connector plugs (straight/bent)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.