DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All! Been looking at all these aftermarket headlights for the Ram. Have any of you bought and installed these. Any advice or pics would be of great help. Just so many different varieties (Halo's,euro etc.)

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
i have projectors. really like them. except how they dont line up with the fenders. going to see if i can mod them to make them fit.

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
I also have projectors got mine from K2 motors. And yes my bumper needs adjusted

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much did the projectors run you all? What exactly do you mean by the bumber needs adjusted? Were they hard to install? Can you see a vast improvement night driving from the OEM headlights? Night driving now seems like i dont even have headlights.

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
i think mine were around 300. they arent hard to do at all. just need to tap into your park light wires for the halo and led which most projectors have. or you can run a switch for them. low beams were great. very bright. i needed to change the high beam bulb in mine then they were good.

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
My bumper is messed up from being in an accident when I bought it, needs to be pushed up, notice the large gap under my lights.

I ran a switch for my halos/LEDs. and yes they are very bright, I can light up ditch to ditch with the HIDs

·
Registered
200 Posts
Heres my input of headlights, I have a regular 99 5.2l dodge, (not the sport model) and I bought some projector headlights with the regular halo ring.. I Thought they looked sweet and all but i live way out in the country and I didnt like the fine line the projector cuts out of the light.. Plus if you get halo headlights GET the CCFL ones, not LED. the led rings are not bright at all.
So anyways I got regular smoked out reflector housing with 10000k HID and i really like them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I also have projectors got mine from K2 motors. And yes my bumper needs adjusted
Where'd you get that bumper insert?(im assuming thats what it is) It looks sick

T

·
0 Posts
On the projector gap issue..... is this a problem with the ebay headlights, or just all branded projectors in general?

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
so far all projectors that i have seen. i have yet to see a unmodified clean fitting set. buddy of mine paid over 600 for his and they fit and looked the exact same as mine lol. he was a little upset.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i just went with an aftermarket style that i got from K2 motors. They fit really well surprisingly.

Attachments

·
Driven to perfection
862 Posts
I bought a set of euro lights for my 98 sport a while back and they now sit in a box! They threw light everywhere but on the road. My advice would be leave them stock and buy some HID lights.Then again HID's are not legal for street use.I solved my lighting issue by installing a set of Pilot fog lights. They are way brighter than stock.Just my 2c

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
Where'd you get that bumper insert?(im assuming thats what it is) It looks sick
Grill insert or bumper inserts?

The grille I had custom made, and not sure if he is going to be making them anymore.
My bumpers just have gutter grille in them

Also my projectors I picked up for $179 shipped, which at the time was cheaper than buying stock ones from the junkyard. Needed to get the one with dual plugs since I have the quad headlamp system. In the future I am looking at painting them black, or buy a set of black euro one piece to send to the Retro Shop for Jeremy to do.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*******! Yours almost look like OEM, Do you have the part# from K2. I just went to the website and did not see the ones you have. One set is close but they look like they have the projectors. Scale of 1 to 10 would everyone say this is a must have modification or should i just use some headlight restoration kit.

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks the One piece for $118 does not look bad or to complicated to install. Just plug n play! I think that might be the way to go. I ran into a guy the other day who had all the work projector, led etc and he said it was a pain in the ass to install. I just need something so when im going duck hunting at 4 am i dont hit a freaking deer.

·
Board Breaker TKD
1,547 Posts
My wiring for the halos/leds was pretty simple, but I have wired things before.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
I love the before crash pics and after fixed. My .02 is just use stock lenses with a good quality bulb in a color you like.

·
Registered
200 Posts
@wermbang, the grill insert lol, idk why I said bumper..

And my headlights looks like RedneckMarines.. I'll get a picture of them up tomorrow, they fit pretty good

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.