DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K I have all the original stock stuff on my car right now...
I hate my headlights since they're hazy and I feel like I can't see at night. I used PlastX from meguiar's which worked for the otuside pretty good but the inside is kinda crappy anyway. I also hate my tailights and I am about 90% sure that's the reason I have wter in the right side of my trunk since I can see moisture in that tail light as well.

Anyway I am looking at getting new both. My boyfriend said he'd get me headlights from christmas and tailights will have to wait.

I shop on eBay for nearly everything so I've been looking on there and found ones I want at great prices...But before I put these in is there any specific type of sealer I should use before doing so? It's ebay so obviously they aren't guaranteeing anything with them.

I would like to keep the water out of my trunk and I don't wanna buy new headlights and then find moisture inside of them in a few months...I'll be pissed.

Thanks guys....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
21 Posts
speaking from personal loss, dont go with the projectors after about 6 months i finally tore them out and dropped in another set. the light output for standard beam sucked, although the brights were outstanding the standard nightly beams sucked. can't speak on the tail lights i went with the altezza's.

P.S. If you have to pass an inspection dont buy any lights from Ebay... they may SAE approved but they are not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really...

hmmm....
That sucks. We have inspections here. We know the guy who does them so I dunno how he'd be about all that.
I've been reading that about projectors and had second thoughts on them. I don't think the tails will be a big deal when it comes down to it, but the headlights might.
How do I know if they are for sure? The Euro ones I can get are TYC on ebay, and they come with the same card as if you were to buy them directly from there, so maybe I can do that (hoping they really are authentic?). I asked the seller about them and they said I can return them within 2 months even after installation if something happens and I don't want them or if any moisture gets in them.
The TYC on ebay are a little more $ than the generic ones I saw & cheaper than the TYC site's... but I'd rather have something that can pass inspection.

Thanks for the response on that.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
You don't want projector lights,Like shiboy said. They suck for light. In PA there are alot of deer and you want good lights.
You will like the TYC lights! I love mine. Love em. I paid like 170$ for mine from someplace and they were worth it. The lights come with blinkers also (atleast the one I got did). Dont come with bulbs but they can be had anywhere. Other places send you bulbs for the headlights but no blinkers. TYC does come with a card of certification so that you can present it if you have to, however I doubt that any inspection place will give you greif about your headlights or tails no matter what brand. Unless they are tinted and blacked out. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
sounds like you have a leak from one of your back tail lights, stock tail lights are usually much better quality than aftermarket stuff...especially from ebay. My tails did not plug and play like they said and I had to do a little modifying, but no biggie. I don't think the aftermarkets seal as well either.

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
I have a question about my tailights and i didnt wanna have to make a whole new thread.

I have a uhaul trailer wire connector conected to my taillights and i was looking at it

cause i want to take it out but didnt want to mess anything up and now i get pulled

over (if you can even call it pulled over i was barely moving) for my reverse lights not

working so i replaced the two bulbs and still nothing so i must have did something

when looking at the trailer connector. If anyone can help id much appreciate it :help:

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
What is that sensor called on the tranny or shifter that sends power to the back up lights when the car is put into reverse. I would look into that and if I couldn't narrow it down after a while, I myself would run my own switch and manualy turn on the back up lights. This is handy when people want to ride or park right up on your ass in traffic usually they back off when the back up lights come on! LOL One thing to check first if you have a 12v tester, is the lights socket for power, if it don't get power with the key on and in reverse check the sensor on the tranny. Thats my bet.

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
ok thanks but you dont think it has anything to do with the trailer wire?

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
i tested the sockets today and nothing so i went and ordered the new switch for $20 and it will be here on wednesday.

i also took out the trailer wire connector.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.