DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hibernating
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got around to restoring my headlights. Used Super Assilex Flexible Sanding Sheets (Amazon Part #U191-150A - I got 2 sets of this) and USC Spray Max 2k High Gloss Clearcoat Aerosol. Took a while by hand to get the original uv protective coat off, but wanted to do this right the first time. Pretty pleased with the results. Will probably sand down the orange peel and buff but overall it looks much better than before. Highly recommend these products or at least some type of sanding pads and the 2K clear. Well worth the money.

·
Hibernating
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Finally got a chance to sand and polish out the orange peel. Looked worse at certain angles. Overall pleased. Pretty smooth now.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice work! Reminds me to work on my aunt's truck. I'll just finish installing the shocks and bumper from 4Wheelonline onto the Wrangler this week before I can take a closer look at the headlights of her Ram.

·
Hibernating
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work. I have to redo mine. Had them done last about 4-5 years ago or so.
Thanks. Hopefully these will last several years as well.

Nice work! Reminds me to work on my aunt's truck. I'll just finish installing the shocks and bumper from 4Wheelonline onto the Wrangler this week before I can take a closer look at the headlights of her Ram.
Appreciate it. I can relate about always working on something. The list is endless. Enjoyable for the most part though. I will say working on these bubble-like round headlights is a PITA when sanding and polishing. A flat surface would be so much nicer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts