DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I used to have HID's on my Ram but i took them out and sold them cause they flickered. Put the stock bulbs back in and one day used my brights and noticed my driver's side high beam is out. No big deal, and today I went in and bought a replacement bulb for it. I put my new bulb in and test out the high beams and it also is out. So now something is wrong with the wiring somewhere. I also picked up a test light to try that out so got that and was testing to see which wire wasnt getting power. Touched 1 that didnt work and figured that was ground, the 2nd light up and the 3rd the bulb blew.. So im 100% stumped. The high beams work on the other side though.

Any ideas of what to do?

Thanks in advance,

Austin

·
Registered
837 Posts
Can't really help you but since your truck is still relatively new can't you bring it to the stealership and see if they can't fix it under that wonderful word called warranty? I really don't see how the installing and uninstalling of an HID system could affect it like that.

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats probably what im gonna wind up doing.. I just really hate the dealership by me, they're all complete morons. Im wondering if maybe there is dirt in the plug somehow thats not letting the pins in the bulb to not make a clean connection

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
I think someone else had this problem a few months ago, you might look for the thread, I think he had to get the light computer reset, but not sure:dunno:. Good luck

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
If your looking at the H13 plug (drivers side) with the lock up. The pin to the far right is low beam, middle ground, and the pin to the left is high beam. You might need your TIPM reflashed. It probably has a stored code, which is preventing it from powering on the high beam.

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If your looking at the H13 plug (drivers side) with the lock up. The pin to the far right is low beam, middle ground, and the pin to the left is high beam. You might need your TIPM reflashed. It probably has a stored code, which is preventing it from powering on the high beam.
But would it only mess one side up? When I touched the high beam pin it wasnt getting any current and when i touched the low beam it blew the bulb.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
If it more than 5.0ohms of resistance on either the low beam and high beam, then the TIPM has a problem. Most of the time its the TIPM. It might be the reason it blew your test light bulb. Those modules are crazy

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These things are crazy.. Can the TPIM be reset with a full PCM reset? IE pulling the negative battery cable for a few min? Or is it something only the dealer can do?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I think they would have to flash it to clear the codes it stores. There have been some guys try resetting the PCM, and no luck till they went to the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.