DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home last night from the Cardinals game (Don't ask!!!!!!) my headlights started flickering between the fog lights and headlights. What I mean the headlights would go off and the fogs would come on. I did not have the fog light switch pulled nor did I have the brights on. It's very annoying as the people in front of get rather pissed off! Anybody had this problem?

· Registered
367 Posts
I have not had this exact problem but I have seen problems mainly with the Totally Integrated Power Module. Usually the park lights will not go out or will not come on. The problem is an internal short in the module. I 'm not saying that this is your problem but it could be. The headlamp switch output is bussed from the instrument cluster to the TIPM and FCM. its a real pain in the butt system. What ever happened to switch to relay to light to turn it on? now the computers have to be involved in every action.

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've taken it to the dealer once but they said that I would have to duplicate the problem so they can diagnose the problem. It is very intermittent but last night it happened allot.

· Registered
116 Posts
dont know if this will help you or not but, a while back mine were doing the same thing. come to find out is was a ground wire that was loose under the hood. it was one that i had to loosen when i installed my cold air intake and it became loose again.

· Daytona #8457
778 Posts
have the dealer check all your grounds and really check the switch too. My lights have been going off and on erratically lately. I'm pretty sure it's my switch. My fogs are always on, so I don't know if my problem is the same as yours, but I'm almost certain I have a bad switch. I'm gonna go to the dealer tomorrow and demand a new switch I'll tell them "The technician that looked at this the other day said the switch was bad"... seems to work most of the time. see if that fixes the problem.

~Dodge Guy~

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey dodgeGuy did the new switch fix your problem?

· Daytona #8457
778 Posts
I haven't had a chance to get there... I just bought a house and I've been fixing it up all week. :\ the problem is that my lights don't really do this regularly. It's just randomly throughout the week.

~Dodge Guy~

· Registered
1,889 Posts
my running lights will choose not to come on. i had to wiggle the realy in the integrated power module (fuse box) aand it works but not for long. im waiting on a new fuse box as several others have found this issue and said it was the connectors in the fuse box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.