DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hopefully someone can shed some light.04 HEMI RAM.does have remote start.when I start the truck up the headlights all of a sudden go on and start blinking.they will blink 30 times,pause,blink again 30,pause,blink again 30 and then all is fine.if I press the remote start button it will interupt the blinking and sometimes go back to normal.also with the lights off after turning the truck off the chime will still sound after the key is removed.and first time tonite the headlights didnt stay on after the truck was turned off.
any insight guys.I think it has something to do with the remote start.could I try disconnecting it? any thoughts will help...thanks

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
When the remote start is operating, is this when your lights flash? If so, that would be it's way of telling you that it it running. As for the other issue, do the lights stay on while you hear the dinging? That very well could be a feature that lights your pathway after you turn off your truck.

If you have the operation manual for your remote start, it will have it's features and tell you how to enable/disable each.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
also on our trucks if you turn the key off then turn off the headlights, they will stay on for a set duration. this is a stock feature, I do not believe it dings at all during this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
issue

Ive had teh truck for about 2 weeks now,just what I wanted, hemi ram reg cab slt 4x4 with 20 inch wheels.just put on a tonneau cover and nerf bars.back to the issue.the dealer didnt even know it remote start.I had originally thought the extra remote just didnt work(the door lock features didnt work) and then I hit the yellow button and the hemi came to life.
anyways all It takes for the lights to start bklionking is to turn the ignition the frist click.doesnt even have to start and they will start blinkin.if you pull the key right away they will continue to blink a few times and then go out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.