DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. As us Kiwis have to drive on the other side of the road, we need the headlights to "Dip" in the other diection. As not to blind roadusers on low beam. Can anyone help with ideas on how to do this? I can't wait to get my lowered Ram on the road. I will use some rotary riceburners as wheel ramps!!! :help:

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
I'm confused, what do you mean by "dip" ... you can adjust the lights using the two star screws on the bottom and left top side. This will allow you to adjust them lower if that is what you mean.

-Pat-

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean the direction they point in low beam. they drop down and to the right originally (designed for your roads). They need to drop down and to the left over here(NZ). normal ajustment doesent alter that.

·
Night Rider
646 Posts
Hmm, well then I am out of ideas, you may want to consider doing custom modifying or finding some sort of euro headlight that would work for your application. Or you could just say screw the other drivers.

-Pat-

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to get out tommorrow and test the limits of adjustment. cheers for the help.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
I would think that vehicles made for export to countries would be equipped with the proper lights. :gr_patrio

·
Registered
60 Posts
I work in automotive lighting for heavy trucks and the difference in the lamps is the headlamp's beam pattern. The optics, either in the lens or reflector, dictate the amount of light dispersed. I deal with this daily. Austrailia, New Zealand, and South Africa have different standards for new vehicles than we are used to in north america. It is not any less of a standard, just different markings. I do not know if any rams were designed for export. If they were not, your best bet is to max out your adjusting screws to mimic the aiming of a vehicle that you know is correct. I might be able to help with finding longer adjusting screws. Good luck.
Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers Dave, I imported the truck myself, it was not made for export. I will let you know if maxing out the screws work. its only 7am over here, if I start banging around in the garage my wife will spin out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well that dident work too well. from what I can see there is three adjusting screws, 2 on top, one on the bottom. I can't figure out how to move the low beam across onto the other side of the highbeam.i.e the left side. any ajustme to the headlamp seams to move the high beam in relation with the low beam.?????????????? Help!!

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
procarparts.com sells euro style headlights that looks a lot better than stock and have more adjustment than the stock lights

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
try to loosen one side and tighten the other to get the lens to point in another direction, i believe the bottom adjustment just moves the lens up and down

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers lads, I have found out how "professionals" get the head lights complied in NZ. they crank the lights over to the full ajustment to comply with the low beam requirement. Once they pass the test they just adjust them back to drive around. So much for me looking for a technical way to do this. NEXT Mission is to correct the droop in the Bumper edges.

Thanks for the advice guys

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.