Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: :help: :help:
ok so i need to change my headlight bulbs... ive searched the forums and i read that there's 3 bolts holdin the assy in place...i cant figure it out... does anyone have pictures of the bolts that hold the assembly in place? or would it be easier to do it without taking the headlight assy off?

anyway, pictures would be great.. or a detailed how to or "where" the bolts are

thanks a lot

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I haven't researched this, but IMHO it's INSANITY to remove the headlights to change a bulb. I can easily reach both of mine from behind. (well, maybe not "easily," but it can be done). Am I missing something?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I agree it is fairly easy to do from behind. Only thing you may run into on the pass side is the airbox, and thats probably easier to remove than the headlight.

But if you have your heart set on taking the light off, first you need to remove the sidemarker/turn signal lens. There are 2 torx screws that hold each on, take those off, then slide that lens off. Once that is off, you will see the 2 lower bolts holding the headlight on (10mm). The third bolt you can see jusy by opening the hood and looking next to the headlight. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
262 Posts
+1 I replaced mine from behind as well

·
Registered
484 Posts
rayjj said:
I agree it is fairly easy to do from behind. Only thing you may run into on the pass side is the airbox, and thats probably easier to remove than the headlight.

But if you have your heart set on taking the light off, first you need to remove the sidemarker/turn signal lens. There are 2 torx screws that hold each on, take those off, then slide that lens off. Once that is off, you will see the 2 lower bolts holding the headlight on (10mm). The third bolt you can see jusy by opening the hood and looking next to the headlight. Hope this helps!
how do you remove the airbox.. i could never figure it out...

·
Registered
248 Posts
hcop33 said:
how do you remove the airbox.. i could never figure it out...
Unsnap the cover, remove the tube between the airbox with the filter and the airhat over the throttle body, then take out the filter. Look inside there are 2 handscrews (maybe 3 I forget) then there is one screw on the outside of the airbox in back. Its very simple to do, should take all of 5 min.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great.... thanks for the info evryone ... i just wanted to make sure how to do it right so i dont touch anything i dont need to touch (like the headlight adjustment, etc) or just incase i wanted to replace them with 1 piece ;)

i'm gonna give it a shot and do it from the back (perverts, what're you thinkin eh?)

thanks again guys

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The headlight assembly is very easy to take off. There is a torx screw near the outer edge between the corner lamp and the headlight. Remove it and pull out the corner lamp. There are three bolts holding the headlight assembly. Two on the inside next to the grille and one on the outside under the light. You will need an extension to get the inside ones.

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's not too hard to replace the bulbs "from the back". You might find yourself twisting around reaching for the driver side. But the passenger side is fairly easy. I used a rubber glove to install the new bulbs to keep the oil from my hands off them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.