DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member and I have just purchased a 2001 durango r/t and I'm looking for some performance possibilities. I'm considering the fastman tb, a cold air intake, as well as headers. Does it make any sense to put headers on this thing without upgrading the entire exhaust? If so will I notice any significant change in power or should I spend that money elsewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated. THX

· Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,294 Posts
if you are going to run headers, i would keep going with the exhaust all the way to the tail pipe.

it sounds like what you want is a good start. tb, intake, exhaust.

make us a signature so we know in the future exactely what you have.

also, you may want to forget the headers for now, and purchase a mopar pcm. that is going to give you the biggest gains by far.

· Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,294 Posts
guess we better check with Canyon on that one.

oops. . . forgot the dear, ;)

· 2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
From what I've heard, the R/T exhaust isn't too bad as it is (mainly referring to muffler - not headers). I'm sure there's room for improvement, but I don't know that spending the extra $$ right off the bat on something that will (supposadly) show minimal improvement is worth it.

· Registered
483 Posts
He can get a Mopar PCM for his truck, he just can't get it flashed with his VIN. I got lucky and was able to find one from another D owner that was VIN flashed already for his 98. Our trucks had the SAME Alarm system in it. That is what the PCM looks for.

But I sold it of course when I needed to get a B&G Flash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.