DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the mistake in buying the summit (pace-setter) headers a few years ago, and have had nothing but trouble, warped flanges, collecters not sealing, leaking welds from the collecter to the tubes, and now the EGR bracket had completly separated from the header tube, the weld broke, and it sounds like crap, huge exhaust leak. I'm a welder so I have welded up all of the other problems, but I sick of it, and tired of taking my headers off constantly. What I'm asking is what do you guys have? That are quality but not to pricey.

·
i yell at microphones.
209 Posts
anything pacesetter is junk.
ive noticed the truck guys and people who drive american stuff actually buy this crap, in the import world these things are looked upon as worth their weight in poop.
so...you didnt say what engine model you have so ill reply as if you drive what i drive...
dougs are nice but they cost ALOT.
theres gibson headers, really nice but i dont think you can get them coated if you can itd probably be pricey but probably be worth it to you
then theres JBA and flowtech, decent headers can be had as stainless with coating for a bit less money.
if i were you id check them all out and figure what your looking for and how much you want to spend and im sure youll be happier once you toss those pacesetter headers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Were they the long tube headers or the shorties?

·
Registered
336 Posts
ezstiles- Sorry about your headers. I have Gibson headers. I've had them for a year and a half and no problems at all. No leaks and they perform great, especially for towing. Hope this helps and good luck.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
The flowtech shorties I have are holding up well, I've had them installed about 3 years now.
They were painted black and ran me $220 out the door from autozone.
They outflow the stock manifolds but still have enough back pressure to retain the low end torque needed for towing & wheeling.
Had 1 gasket blow out once, but other than that no worries since install.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I got a pair of 304SS (stainless steel) off e-bay for around $200. But be careful and make sure they are direct bolt fit! With NO Y pipe mods! (unless that's ur plan) Stay with the 3/8" thk. flanges less chance of warping. Over a year had 1 problem the bolts came loose on the flange to the Y pipe. New grade 8 bolts anti seize and impact solved that! Be-fore warned they do turn blue! But don't rust!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.